- Whole black gram (sabut urad) 1/2 cup
- Red kidney beans (rajma) 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Ginger chopped 2 inch pieces
- Nutralite Butter 3 tablespoons
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Garlic chopped 6 cloves
- Onion chopped 1 large
- Green chillies slit 2
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Keep sabut urad and rajma in three cups of water for a day
Then boil that in three cups of water with salt and red chilli powder (1/2 teaspoon ) wait for three whistle in cooker.
Now take a pan , pour some butter and oil then add cumin seeds then after 2-3 min add onion , ginger and garlic and sauté till it turns golden
Now add green chilies, tomato and red chilli powder and sauté till the tomatoes are reduced to a pulp.
Now add the dal and rajma and a little water , then add salt and garam masala powder.
Simmer on low heat till the dals are totally soft and well blended.