- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 cup oil
- 2-3 tsp ghee
- 2 tsp jeera
- 8 -10 cardamoms
- 6-7 cloves
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp chili
- Salt to taste or 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 onions, sliced and fried (puree this with the yogurt)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- A few strands of saffron, mixed in 3 tsp of water
HOW TO COOK
- Heat the vegetable oil into the pan, then put a dollop of ghee.
- Put cardamom, cloves, garlic and fry the mix properly.
- Then add the chicken and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring it.
- Once it becomes brown, add coriander and chili powder.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add ginger paste, mixture of fried onions and yoghurt, let it cook for a minute.
- Then put garam masala and saffron for flavor.
- If the gravy is too thick add little bit of water before covering it. The masala should fuse well with the chicken.
- Cover it and give it some time to cook on slow fire. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.